Two questions about the Sarge installer

Shane Wegner shane-keyword-speakup.aca783 at cm.nu
Wed Mar 10 15:43:42 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 11:21:35AM +0100, Krister Ekstrom wrote:
>   I can't seem to choose country when in the "choose country" menu of
>   the installer. You see, i live in Sweden, i want english as my
>   language but Sweden as my country. I don't hear any country names,

I encountered the same problem during my installs.  I think
it's a bug in d-i so my advice would be to just use the
defaults and change your system language once you get
everything installed.

>   i want to put the system on a hard drive that's dedicated for this.
>   It seems that a manual configuration is the best since the automagic
>   one wipes everything in the computer clear, is this correct?

Yeah, I'd definitely go with manual if you have other
drives which you don't waqnt wiped.  Use the manual
partitioning tool and just create your linux partitions on
the clear drive.

Shane Wegner
http://www.cm.nu/~shane/