how do you delete a directory?

Ann Parsons akp at eznet.net
Tue Mar 9 12:20:39 EST 2004

Hi Chris,

I believe the switch is -r, but be warned, it *will delete all
directories that are below the one you specify, and you will *not* be
able to recover them.  My advice, if you are a newbie, combersome
though it be, is to go into each subdir and delete the files that are
there, co up one level, remove the given dir and so on until you are
satisfied.  Removing directories whole sale is *not* a good idea
unless you know and are absolutely sure of what you are doing.

Now, please note, I am not sure that -r is the correct switch.  Try
'man rmdir' or 'info rmdir' for further instructions.  Do *not* take
my word for this.    I don' wanna be responzable!!

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp at eznet.net
WEB SITE:  http://home.eznet.net/~akp
"All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT