editors

Kyrath. (AKA Rob) kyrath at cox.net
Fri Mar 5 21:50:20 EST 2004

Hi, I'm slowly poking around my system and have been looking at the editors that are currently installed.
1. Is there a particular editor that works very well with speakup?  Or alternatively, editors that don't work well at all?
2. Does speakup completely support the use of emacs, or does emacspeak need to be used instead?.
Also, it appears that there are 2 versions of emacs on my system; emacs with-x, and emacs no-x.  I assume that the x version should be uninstalled and only use the no-x version. Right?
3. BTW, are there any word processors for linux that run under console mode?  I know there is open office, but that is for the x-windows system.  Right?
Thanks for any suggestions
-- Rob