An Idea for Laptops?

Scott Berry scott at drscott.dyndns.biz
Fri Mar 5 20:31:44 EST 2004

Actually Lary it would be very dificult to make a mp3 to text conversion
utility work for synth speech.  Synth speech and text to mp3 are two
totally different animals.  Now if you are speaking of the stuff from
next up there stuff is not a synth at all.  All you do is copy some text
like articles or newspaper stories and then it records it in to mp3.
Plus you have more choices then festival.  You will need to do some
research but there is flite there is also speech dispatcher and there is
one made by Sun as well.