Festival errors

Stephen Clower steve at steve-audio.net
Fri Mar 5 11:43:23 EST 2004

Hi folks,
  I am trying to compile the Festival speech system under Fedora Core 1.0. The Speech_Tools package seems to compile, but make test reveals some errors in a Genaudio.O module:
Make 2. GenAudio.O, Error 1
Make 1: Audio error 2

Does this error mean that my sound drivers were not installed properly? I checked under /lib/modules/2.4.22-2h.nptlspk2/kernel/sound
And I saw a file called Maestro3.O which is the module name for the sound chip in my laptop. I checked that the Maestro module was active by typing
modprobe maestro3
I heard a faint clicking sound from my speakers, and no error was sent to the screen so it looks like the driver is active. Does anyone know why I might be receiving this error?
Thanks,
Steve

Stephen Clower, that guy from the south.
You can reach me by any of the following:
E-Mail: steve at steve-audio.net
MSN: steve at steve-audio.net
AIM: AudioRabbit03

You can also check out my little home on the web by visiting http://www.steve-audio.net