an idea about that virus

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Mar 4 12:50:09 EST 2004

I looked at the expanded headers when I got the original message this
morning and it actually came from the list; It looks like Kirk has set
up ASK on his own system and ASK is trying to confirm mail from the
list.  Now everybody is replying to this message and the replies
naturally, come back to the list.  I looked at the website for Auto
Spam Killer and it looks quite interesting, if you ask me:).  Hey
Kirk, Thanks for the ad:)  I might give it a try.  I like the fact
that confirmations are colected and worked upon on your own box and
not some central site like that other spam filter; can't remember the
name now - Spam0, perhaps.

So please, everyone, do *NOT* reply to this confirm message anymore.
It just clutters up everybody's inbox.  The original spammer probably
sent to the list; God knows what they used as an originating member
name though.

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:31:52AM -0700, Sean McMahon wrote:
> Someone probably has the adress for the list request and names of people on the
> list in there address book with a vulnerable mailer.  My guess is not everyone
> got that message.

HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!
http://ld.net/?holmesgrown