tips needed on iso files

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at sent.com
Wed Jun 30 14:30:23 EDT 2004

I don't keep the iso's on my HD once I have burned them. But the
expanded contents are sometimes very handy to have there. For
instance, disk3 contains an excellent book called "Slackware
Linux Essentials" or something like that, and there are lots of
FAQ's, README's, and howto's to reference occasionally. Most
important, my system maintains a "locate" database that is
updated once a day, and the "locate" command is a real winner.
With the distribution disks stored on my HD, they are included in
the locate database along with everything else. It occupies about
2.6 GB on one of my two 40 GB disks to keep them there, so that's
not outrageous. I use "pilot" a lot to navigate directory
structures, and to have the entire distro online for navigating
in pilot is also a great plus.

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (96% of Full)
My home page is now at http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh