Fedora download question& another question

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Jun 26 11:58:01 EDT 2004

Minding source code isn't the issue. You can't install from it, unless
you compile every package yourself yourself.

As to your other question, no, absolutely not. You cannot mix versions
and expect results. Don't even try. It'll will only fail, and you'll
have only yourself to blame.

Get a full set of i386 images, and use mdt5sum to check that what you've
downloaded is correct. Only then should you attempt to install.