installing Fedora

Glenn Ervin at Home GlennErvin at cableone.net
Fri Jun 25 15:25:32 EDT 2004

I tried to install Fedora with my dectalk synth on com 1 and I also tried
installing it with my Braille Pad on Com2
I used:
text speakup_synth=dectlk speakup_ser=0
or
text speakup_synth=acntsa speakup_ser=1
With either command, it finds the synth, but freezes after loading It reads
a bunch of zero's & letters, and never makes it into the installation
screen.
I ran the install with my son reading and only the command:
text speakup
It entered the installation, and I let it test the disk, and it tested to be
okay.
So, I went into the installation, and my son read through, and it seemed to
install okay, but I think I did something wrong.
It asked for a boot loader, and I selected grub, or however it is spelled.
In the boot loader parameters, I entered:
text speakup_synth=dectlk speakup_ser=0
and it only used one CD for the install.
I chose server installation, and I selected everything.
Should I have selected
Work Station?
Also, when I start up, it wants log on and password.
I enter root for logon, and my password after that, which I was required to
enter in the installation.
But nothing happens after I enter this info on boot up.
If it is all messed up, how can I re-install everything?
Will just booting to the CD again allow me to re-install?
Glenn

Glenn    N0YJV
MS Messenger: GlennErvin at CableOne.net
Work:  gErvin at NCBvi.state.ne.us