slackware 10.0 is out

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Jun 24 19:08:36 EDT 2004

Actually, I'm on cable and the other day, I was able to download a
kernel source at over 360k per second.  Early this morning, I
downloaded another file from postgresql.org at 270 K per second.  But
in general, my upload speeds never exceed 30 K before and after my
router change.

I ran earlier today btdownloadcurses.py which gave me some interesting
stats but that was when the transfer speed was so horrible. I haven't
had a chance to forward the ports for btdownloadheadless.py but from
what I've seen so far, I'm quite disappointed and unimpressed with
bittorrent.  I suppose it has an interesting concept in theory but the
performance just flat sucked on my machine so far.  FTP is much faster
- - IF i CAN GET IN, that is.  I've been trying rsync too but I haven't
had a chance to see if it really works in this situation.