How do I use aptitude

Sean M McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Wed Jun 23 13:31:49 EDT 2004

I no the first thing one of you is going to say upon reading this subject
line is read the documentation, but that's what I need to install and
that's why I need some good help from you people.  I notice I have no
output from which man so I thought I'd install man but when I look at
aptitude I see an I next to some of the man packages does that mean their
installed?  If they are, where are they and how do I set my path?  When I
tried to install some documentation I saw a lot of packages with a P next
to them what does that mean?  When I hit the plus key to mark a package
for installation, the letter next to it said PI  what does that mean?
Finally, what's the key command to show info about a package?  Sean