Dectalk ISA model

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Wed Jun 23 10:16:38 EDT 2004

Hi Debee.  The dtload you should be using is in the gz file you
downloaded from speakup.  I don't remember whether it is in source or
binary form, but probably source.

You build the decpc module when you configure your kernel.  Instead of
answering y for this module, you answer m.  Then you run make modules
and as root make modules_install in order to build and install the
module.  You can also get help, by typing a question mark (?) while you
are sitting on the decpc choice in the configuration process.  To make
this even easier, use make menuconfig instead of make config.  The
Speakup synthesizer choices are under the console configuration choice.

Try using the firmware in the decpc.tar.gz file first.  If that doesn't
work, you can try substituting your dos firmware.

Hope this helps.

Gene