Installing speakup with software speech

Jacob Schmude jschmude at adelphia.net
Tue Jun 22 09:52:14 EDT 2004

Hi
	The editor is actually an editor called "joe". However, joe has
several emulation modes, and for whatever reason they included it, along
with its pico emulation mode on the installation cd. So no, it isn't
actually pico, it will, however, respond to almost all of pico's commands.
I prefer nano, but nano won't work under telnet on the installation CD,
since the terminals aren't set up. Once you get the system installed you
can use whatever editor you want when you telnet back in, since your
terminals will havve been installed and the terminfo database will have
been setup.
HTH