Archos And Rock Box

Glenn Ervin at Home GlennErvin at cableone.net
Sun Jun 20 16:42:14 EDT 2004

Even though the JukeBox hard drive is a FAT32, there are Linux drivers for
the JukeBox.
I have only used my JukeBox in WindBlows.
But you do just put the daily build in the root of the JukeBox, and unzip
it, and it will do 2 things.
It will put either a file.ajz file in the root, or a file.mod in the root,
depending on your model of JukeBox; and it will also put a directory in the
root called:
.RockBox
You will have a bunch of files in this folder, and if you want the JukeBox
to talk, you need to make a SubDirectory in .RockBox called:
Langs
and here you need to copy the English.voice file.
It is as simple as that to make the JukeBox talk.
If anyone is wondering, the Archos JukeBox is an MP3 player and recorder
that has a hard drive of at least 20 GB, and it has been made to talk,
thanks to the open-source firmware that Archos used, and the fine hackers of
RockBox made it work on the Archos, and they have implemented talking menus
and directories.  I think it will soon speak even more, as it will so far
spell the file names.
Glenn