Preparing to change mail client to use Mutt, advice requested.

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Jun 20 11:35:57 EDT 2004

Hi, Luke:

You didn't ask for it, but I'm offering my .muttrc to you. It provides some optimizations for eyes-free mail handling you might like. You can't use this as is, you have to edit it a little for your circumstance.

To answer your specific question, mail you're "reading" is displayed in a pager. Mutt provides one such pager, and it is what i use, but you could just as easily use less or more, for example. So, I don't actually move my cursor through the message until such time as I select reply, forward, etc. But, when I select one of these actions, I have all the power of vim (my choice in editors) at hand. Otherwise, I read with Speakup's screen review, or by invoking one of the commands that presents a different view, such as restricting the display to non-quoted text.