making speakup work at bootup under debian using the sarge iso

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 18 13:39:19 EDT 2004

The following instructions are valid using the speakup-enabled boot floppy
for Debian Woody.
Boot up the floppy and get Speakup going.  Insert the root disk when it
tells you to, and let it load.  Hit Enter at the first screen.  You'll get
the standard installation menu.  Activate your swap partition, then mount
your root partition.  You don't want to make these again, as remaking the
root partition would destroy everything you've done so far.  When root is
mounted, go way down in the menu and there should be an option to edit boot
parameters.  Do that, and follow instructions.  At this point I think you
have to tell it again to make system bootable, as Lilo's information needs
to be updated.  Then, reboot and that should do it.
There is probably a similar way to get things done using the CD, but I have
no idea.
Jayson.