ACPI help

Jacob Schmude jschmude at adelphia.net
Thu Jun 17 19:26:01 EDT 2004

Hi
	You need to have acpid installed and an event associated with the
power button. I'm not sure what gentoo's default configs for acpid are, an
event for the power button may already be defined. In case it isn't,
create a file in /etc/acpi/events called power or some such name and put
the following two lines in it:
event=button/power.*
action=/sbin/poweroff
	Also, when enabling acpi, you got all sorts of options like fan,
processor, ac adapter, button, etc. In order for the button to work, the
button option has to be either compiled into the kernel or as a
module--the module is named button.ko. I recommend enabling all of those
options, unless you're on a desktop in which case "battery" can be left
out.