Need direction please

Jeff Jacobson jeffjac2 at Bluewater-Publishing.com
Wed Jun 16 11:08:13 EDT 2004

Hi Jacob,

I may have bumbled something in the terminology.

I'm running Debian Woody 3, however the Linux Kernel Version is 2.2.20.

I'm now in the process of trying to upgrade a fresh kernel install to
version 2.4.17, then 2.4.25, and then hopefully install speakup.

Thanks,
Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Schmude [mailto:jschmude at adelphia.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 9:00 AM
To: jeffjac2 at bluewater-publishing.com; Speakup is a screen review system
for Linux.
Subject: Re: Need direction please

Hi
	As others have already pointed out, you need to use CVS speakup to work
with 2.6 and it looks like you got that
to work. However, if you're still running debian 2.2, be aware that it is
most likely not kernel 2.6 ready--that is, it
doesn't have the recent versions of many utilities needed to run properly
with kernel 2.6. This means you're probably
going to encounter things that either don't work or work improperly. Isn't
debian 2.2 a bit old? If you want to use
debian, shouldn't you have installed debian 3.0?