gpl question

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Wed Jun 16 03:25:17 EDT 2004

I have had to apply that license a time or two, and therefore read what I
could on those occasions.  I read of no such requirement.  It is not in
the text of the copyleft, or the other short form documents available.

The GPL is a pattern.  Once you apply it to your document, the version you
applied, including or excluding any terms you saw fit to include or
exclude, is what applies.  If the license as you apply it, does not
prohibit the nature of your program, then it is permitted.

You are free to modify the license in any manner you see fit.  I do not
recall if doing so, still confers upon you the right to call it a "GPL",
but the terms are i denticle.