BT Bids Switched Telephones Good-Bye

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Sun Jun 13 13:53:21 EDT 2004

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 09:45:34AM +1000, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> At 09:33 AM 13/06/2004, Sina Bahram wrote:
> >ISDN? As in...it still does nothing?
>
> Yeah. For personal use, you can only get a max of 2 lines here, which is
> 128kbps. ADSL is far better value if you can get it.
>
> Luke

Here in Chico, California, USA, we seem to have everything, including
the almighty, massively superior, broadband wireless.  After a bit of
tinkering, I managed to get the broadband wireless connection working
on my Linux box, and have been very happy with it ever since.  The
company that set up the antenna/MODEM/transceiver was Digital Path
(www.digitalpath.net), who set up some contracts with several local
ISP's in this area.  The technician who was installing the equipment
told me that Digital Path would be adding service in San Fransisco
next, so we got something before the big city folks for a change.  If
the system in England is going to be anything like the broadband
wireless network we have here, a lot of types of communication should
improve dramatically there.

rreid at sunset.net  http://personalweb.sunset.net/~rreid
Opinions herein are either mine or they are flame bait.
CIRCLE AREA = _pi * r ^ 2