network communication watching program

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 12 00:03:52 EDT 2004

Hi,
I, also, have many times wanted to see what my computer was saying to a
remote Internet server and what it was getting back.  Kind of like, as you
stated, a phone conversation with you picking up an extension to listen in
or, actually more accurately, two people talking on a phone line you have
tapped.  The two people talking don't know you're listening in or recording,
whereas they would hear the tell tale click of you picking up the extension.
Note, this comment was not intended to make this thread diverge into the
topic of recording telephone conversations, the legalities or illegalities
of such, the ethics of such, or any other related topics!  It was just an
example.  Disclaimer over.
Jayson.