Ugh...Sound issues (way OT)

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Fri Jun 11 13:08:12 EDT 2004

Hi Buddy.
One thing you might try is downloading the free download from
www.opensound.com and trying that to see if it makes your sblive or
you motherboard sound chip (or you could try both) work. If
you were going to use it permanently, of course, you'd have to pay for it,
but if you just tried it and it worked, you could check the irqs and any
other settings you can think of and maybe diagnose the problem. Only you
have to disable sound in your kernel and get rid of your alsa modules to
do it. I know when I had FC2 up the oss version they were offering for
fedora core offered to do all that for you, but I don't think the regular
linux version does that. Of course, another option is also to try the
kernel oss and see what that does; I realize you probably want to use alsa
but these are just purely diagnostic suggestions.
Hth.

--
Cheryl