speechd_up not working

Hynek Hanke hanke at volny.cz
Thu Jun 10 17:25:37 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 10:12:23PM +0200, Jan Buchal wrote:
>     AA> I'm using flite, and it seems to work fine stand alone; I can
>     AA> here everything it's saying.
> I think you use last cvs snapshot and it have some bugs in festival
> module. In next days come bug fix.

I don't think this is the problem. I don't know about any bug in the
latest CVS version, although there might be some (we had a buggy
version, but I didn't commit it to CVS :)

Please let me know which version of Speech Dispatcher do you use.
0.4.1 is the latest.

Please try running first
	spd-say -o flite "hello"
to be sure it's the flite output module who doesn't speak.

If this is confirmed, please send me Speech Dispatcher's
log file (see etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf) to see where it
is.

Also, setting the debug mode
	Debug 1
	DebugFile "/var/log/speech-dispatcher/debug-flite"
in flite.conf (see etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/flite.conf) and
sending me the resulting logfile would be helpful.

With Regards,
Hynek