Compiling my kernel

Debee Norling NorlingDeborah at fhda.edu
Thu Jun 10 14:17:54 EDT 2004

I'm beginning to feel like my questions are getting more and more off-topic.
So everyone's said to get my Dectalk ISA model working, I have to recompile
and use the newer Speakup.

I decided to just try recompiling my kernel first -- without adding extra
complications. It doesn't solve the problem but gets me more familiar with
the process.

Ok, so I've done this a couple of times now, and I have no clue how to
answer half the questions from make config. The more I do this, the more
questions I'm having!

But surprisingly, I can't find any basic  how-to about compiling your kernel
on the LDP.

Can someone point me at a good document to read that describes this process
in English?  I don't want to keep posting these really off-topic questions
about it here?

--Debee