cdrom drive not working

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Tue Jun 8 23:35:24 EDT 2004

I guess I was thinking that we should find out if it was already being
mounted somewhere [hdc, that is,, or something being mounted ro].
He said that it had been working during installation, which ment that
either the installation program had not, for some reason, made the link
from /dev/cdrom, to the actual device; or that something had changed
following installation.
I thought that it would be a good idea to see if anything CD-like, was
already being mounted in some fassion, if so where, and so on.

It was just a thought along the path--something I would have done had it
been my system.  I do not claim it was the correct way of learning
anything other than whether it was already being mounted somewhere, or
that it was the brightest "next step".

Luke