cepstral upgrades

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Tue Jun 8 01:44:10 EDT 2004

Sorry for the crosspost, but I just thought I'd warn people. The cepstral
3.0 voices have come out for Windows, so I would think the linux ones
shouldn't be far behind. These include languages beside English, which had
not been included in the 2.5 sales though there were demos. I thought it
was important to warn people to watch for the linux voices because it's my
understanding that if you purchased the 2.5 voices within 90 days of the
release of the 3.0 voices, you can get an upgrade key and not have to pay
for already-purchased voices. Once they come out for linux, it probably
wouldn't hurt to try your old password, but it looks like you will have to
email for upgrade keys. In my experience, they haven't responded to email
inquiries, so you may even want to call them when the 3.0 voices come out,
especially if you get no response via email within a day or so. It may be
people will get notices of the update but I thought it might be a good
idea to put people on the alert.

--
Cheryl