announcing: Rita The Reader

Debee Norling NorlingDeborah at fhda.edu
Thu Jun 3 18:04:28 EDT 2004

The program that people are incorrectly referring to as "access" is actually
called Readit. It's a DOS program that works well with all screen access. It
can be gotten from simtel or in the extras directory on most Kurzweil
CD-roms. Don't worry, DOS software in the extras directory is free to
legally copy and use.

As for continuous reading, my Dectalk express with just Cat seems to work
quite well reading continuously. Of course, it's hard to stop and find your
place; something Rita will fix for you.

I've found that one way to get through a ton of documentation is to attach
an FM transmitter to a mixer, then plug all your sound sources in to the
mixer. This way I can listen to my sound card output, my hardware synthes
and my ham radio and even my VCR while I do housework and garden.

--Debee