hp5p scsi cable

Joe Clever lists at clevercentral.com
Wed Jun 2 11:23:14 EDT 2004


This sounds like a HD50 connector which is typically used on external
narrow scsi devices from this period. The HD68 was used on wide scsi
devices. The HD stands for high density.  I have also seen them
referred to as HP50 and HP68. Cyberguys.com is a good and cheap source
of these cables, though I can't vouch for the accessibility of their

-----Original Message-----
From: speakup-bounces at braille.uwo.ca
[mailto:speakup-bounces at braille.uwo.ca] On Behalf Of Raul A. Gallegos
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 11:57 PM
To: Speakup Mailing-list
Subject: OT: hp5p scsi cable

Hash: SHA1

I misplaced my 6 ft scsi cable for this scanner.  I am trying to buy 
another cable because I do not wish to pay $89 for a new one at the 
local Comp USA here.  The problem is I don't know what the type of 
connecter I need to get.  I know what it looks like but I don't know
name.  Both the scanner and the Adaptech 2920 pci card I am using have

the same female connections.  So the cable I need must have both male
both sides and they are the same at least.  But I don't know the 
difference.  I know it's not db-25.  It has the little tiny pins and
not very long.  I'm thinking it's either 50 or 68 pins.  But when I 
think of 50 I'm reminded of the old hp IIP scanners with db-25 on one 
end and then the long two-row pin cable which may be the 50 pin.  So 
that leaves the 68-pin but again.  I'm not sure.  Any ideas?

Many thanks.

- -- 
Raul A. Gallegos - http://www.asmodean.net
All outgoing E-Mail is PGP-signed so that you know it really came from
me and not a virus.  Public key at: http://asmodean.net/raul-pgp.asc
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)


Speakup mailing list
Speakup at braille.uwo.ca

More information about the Speakup mailing list