playing sounds at startup

Stephen Clower steve at steve-audio.net
Wed Jun 2 10:16:55 EDT 2004

Hello folks,
  A while back, I recall someone mentioning a way to cause Linux to play various sounds at different times such as at the login prompt and at shutdown. Since I mostly use software speech to access Linux, I don't have access until the login prompt, so it'd be nice to know when my machine is displaying it. If someone could send me that information again I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
Steve

Stephen Clower, that guy from the south.
You can reach me by any of the following:
E-Mail: steve at steve-audio.net
MSN: steve at steve-audio.net
AIM: AudioRabbit03

You can also check out my little home on the web by visiting http://www.steve-audio.net