Mplayer problem on fedora core 2

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Tue Jun 1 00:25:58 EDT 2004

I had installed mplayer (I think it may have been an unofficial .deb
package) on my debian system and it works fine, though I don't seem to
have a codecs directory and wonder if I should add this. However, I
installed mplayer1.0pre4 on my fedora system; it works on some urls just
fine. But on some urls, I get the following (Had ro run it with -v to get
it):
vo: x11 uninit called but X11 not inited..
Am I missing something I should have done or something that should be in
the mplayerconf.
One station on which it is doing this is:
http://skylight.implex.net/WNWCFM.asx
this works fine on my debian box.
Thanks.

--
Cheryl

"Do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."