configuring and updating speakup

Sean M McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Tue Jul 20 13:27:58 EDT 2004

On my system, speakup shows up as a locally created package under aptitude
and the cvs version is a cvs version from December of last year.  I'd like
to upgrade speakup and reconfigure it a little.  Is there a deb of a newer
version of speakup or do I have to download a new kernel and checkout a
new version of speakup through cvs.  I'd like to do a little reconfiguring
because the synth name that comes up is axent-sa eventhough my synth is a
braille'nspeak, which is working.  I seem to recall someone talking about
a utility called speakupconf?  Where can I get that and will that solve my
problem?
Sean