OT: PPPD Problem

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Tue Jul 20 00:19:46 EDT 2004

I am trying to setup a Sierra Wireless Aircard 750.

When running through minicom, I appear to get a satisfactory PPP
connection.  However, when connecting via PPPD, I get this, after
depiction of the AT and OK messages by chat -V:

Using interface PPP0
Connect: PPP0 <--> /dev/ttyS2
Appear to have received our own echo reply!
Remote message: TTP Com PPP - password verified ok
Kernel does not support PPP filtering
Modem hangup
Connection terminated.

 	PPPD version 2.4.1, running under kernel 2.4.17.
Yes, I know its old, but the laptop has no other kind of net access, I
have no PCMCIA network cards which are linux supported, and therefore
would find it highly difficult to upgrade the kernel at this time.
(Using CDs as the Debian package medium)

Of course, assuming it is not a catch 22, upgrading the kernel will be my
first act, after getting net access via the aircard.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Thanks

Luke