Owasys 22C Cell Phone

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Jul 19 22:08:58 EDT 2004

In GSM phones this isn't strictly true. For example, you can buy a SIM
card without buying a phone, and you can then place that SIM in a GSM
phone. Of course, there are ways to block this that some carriers use
such as locking a particular telephone device to a particular chip.
However, it is quite common to simply put a SIM card in any phone. Of
course, this practice is better known where GSM is more commonly used,
such as in Europe.

Having said this, it is certainly our hope and expectation to offer the
Owasys 22C through service providers both in the U.S. and in Canada. In
Europe the 22C is already available in Spain, and will be made available
through various providers elsewhere in Europe soon.