ot: bank of america accessibility revisited

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Mon Jul 19 13:35:37 EDT 2004

I got online banking working yesterday using freedombox. It turns out that
the block was that it apparently asks you to agree to the service terms
again after you've enrolled or else the consent didn't go through
previously and there seems to be no way to do this in our text browsers.
Once I did this I was able to use online banking in freedombox
with the exception that there's some kind of glitch with downloading the
statements and I ended up with the download website instead. but I was
able to get my statements by going to the printable version and using
freedombox's cut-and-paste option. Viewing current activity, searching,
setting up email alerts, all seem to work. I haven't tried billpay yet
since most of my bills are done on checkfree.

Of more general importance is the fact that, once I got past the consent
block using freedombox, I was also able to use the online banking with
lynx the cat and modified user agent; it also seems to work for everything
I've
tried and it downloaded my statement just fine; btw, there is an option
for a text format statement which many banks don't give you. I haven't
tried this in links the chain but assume it would probably work there
also.

--
Cheryl