trouble shooting dectalk express

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 15 19:59:38 EDT 2004

Actually you don't need to go to all that trouble if you have a radio shack
or equivalent nearby.  Once I went on vacation and somehow managed to leave
behind my Dectalk transformer.  Fortunately there was a radio shack nearby
so I just went there.  My dad had found out by using a voltmeter that the
Dectalk transformer was 12 volts DC.  So I took the Dectalk into the radio
shack and they fixed me up a transformer that would run it.  Take the unit
to the store with you for testing.  If, when it's plugged in, it gives a
battery status then it isn't getting power from the AC transformer.  If it
says "external power on" then everything should be working.
Jayson.