There's Nothing Wrong With the Tettnang ISOs

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Jul 2 08:46:40 EDT 2004

You can't blame the iso files for bad procedure and improper handling by
users. There have been some very wacky statements on this list about
what people have tried to do. The fact that many others have had no
problems serves as ample testimony to the fact that the published images
are just as they shpould be . To believe otherwise is to believe that
somehow the computer knows who you are and has decided to treat you
mean. That's just downright coo-coo.

Hope has nothing to do it. Proper procedure is everything. At the risk
of repeating myself too often:

1.)	Get a full set of four cd rom images from a single release.
There are frequently more than one release per month, so be careful. You
cannot mix releases. You cannot
DOWNLOAD ONE TODAY, AND THE NEXT ONE NEXT WEEK. tHAT WON'T WORK.

1.)	Don't mix releases. Be careful to get a full set of four images
from the same release. The iso images are updated often, so don't think
you can download one today and the next one next week. There are
frequently more than one update of the Speakup Modified per month. So,
be careful of the dates.

2.)	Run an md5sum check on the files you've downloaded. If all four
files don't pass, there's no point in going further. You must have a
full set from one release that fully pass the md5sum test. No
exceptions.

3.)	After burning CD ROMs, run the md5sum check on each CD ROM disk.
All four must pass md5sum or the install will fail. Don't think you're
smarter than that--or accept your consequences in good grace without
complaining. You get what you deserve if you think you will out fox the
basics.

--

				Janina Sajka, Chair
				Accessibility Workgroup