using Slackware 10.0 setup with speakup

David Csercsics david at really.isa-geek.net
Thu Jul 1 11:29:27 EDT 2004

>Hi.  I notice the cursor in the setup program for Slackware 10.0 stays
>on the ok or cancel buttons at the bottom of the screen instead of
>tracking the menu.  Do other people have the same problem?  Does anyone
>have a work around?

Yes it does use dialog. If you turn cursoring off though then you
can tell what you've got selected as you arrow around. if you press
up arrow it will read the item you're on followed by whatever it was
you just left. Down arrow does the reverse of that. It's a bit silly
I know but you only have to put up with it during the install so I
guess it's not so bad.