O T weather underground

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at prince.homelinux.org
Sat Jan 31 19:41:34 EST 2004

The famous speaker who no one had heard of said:
> But about a month ago or so, someone resent me the link to the weather
> underground, and that useful link is on another hard drive.

Sorry that I don't have the link to the web site, but if at the command prompt
you type

weather <city code>

where <city code> is the 3-letter code for your nearest airport, you can get the
forcast printed directly to your screen and you can pipe it through less or to a
file.  Of course that depends on your distro, but I think it's part of tcl or
something.  Actually, I'm not really sure what package it's in, but I know both
Slackware and RH have it.  And if they do, Debian has to have it, as it has more
packages than anything else.

HTH
PRINCE