help with installing dectalk pc

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Fri Jan 30 13:40:54 EST 2004

To uncompress a tar file is tar -xf or tar -xvf to see the filenames.  If
the archive has directories it'l put them beneeth your current directory.
If these are binary files they usually should go to /usr/local/bin/<dirname>
where <dirname> (without the <> is the directory of the tar files.If your
tarball is in your home directory you have to specify where you want the
archive to put files and it wil putany directorys beneeth that.  If the
archive is source files, look at its readme file for installation
instructions.
Sean