Software Speech for Speakup

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Jan 29 11:39:15 EST 2004

Well, where do I start:)? I'm assuming output from speakup is piped
into /dev/softsynth, assuming /proc/synth_name is set to sftsynth?
What does the softsynth device do with it from there? Does the "middle
ware" some how read the device and call up whatever speech TTS library
being used?

Thanks.

--
HolmesGrown Solutions