looking for applications: timer/stopwatch; alarm

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Mon Jan 26 04:46:22 EST 2004

Yes applications like this would be good. have you thought of using
at to play a sound? this is a one time thing and you can specify the
time in a familiar format rather than having to edit crontab. The
drawback is that if the atd daemon crashes the alarm won't sound, but
I guess the same is true of any alarm clock program.
- ---
Joseph C. Lininger
jbahm at pcdesk.net