DECtalk Software Speech

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Jan 25 17:16:48 EST 2004

This is DECtalk runtime for linux version 4.61.  It seems to be quite
common for these developers of software speech to force those
substitutions down our throats and often, no means to turn them off.
I don't want to hear hp being said as "horse power" when we're talking
about Helit Packard <sigh>.

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 08:26:04AM -0800, Hart Larry wrote:
> Hi Steve-and-All:  Are you running version 5 from Phonex or running an actual
> DDec-talk version like 4.1C, as I am?  I think the abbreviations are in
> personal.dtu
> Other than the example you list, it also says drive instead of doctor when it
> reads dr
> Good luck with your project
> Hart

HolmesGrown Solutions