network problems

Jes and guide dog Harley jesman598 at triad.rr.com
Sun Jan 25 15:22:23 EST 2004

Well, after setting the network card in the machine that has Debian 3.0 R 2 on it, I went and installed the module for my card.
Whenever I run ifconfig, I get no errors at all, but I can not connect to any websites via lynx or anything else. I set the module
originally for a static ip, but soon after I realized this was a mistake I went and changed the line in my /etc/network/interfaces
file so that it reads:
iface eth0 inet dhcp
And I completely stript away the address line after that. What could I be doing wrong here? Everything looks good on the hardware
side of things and everything says it's checking out okay on the ifconfig screen. Any help would be appreciated. I'm running the
tulip.c module that came with my Linksys network card.
Jes