A topic of concern in Linux

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Wed Jan 21 12:29:00 EST 2004

What distro are you using? Some distros have the faillog program,
which will implement failed logins. You also need a version of the
shadow utilities that supports this function. If you have faillog,
chances are you have everything else too. Password expiration is
implemented using the passwd program. Be careful with this one
though, as if the password is expired, open ssh will not allow a user
to log in at all. At least that's what happens in Slackware.
- ---
Joseph C. Lininger
jbahm at pcdesk.net