A topic of concern in Linux

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Tue Jan 20 17:22:02 EST 2004

My beaf with javascript is whenever it's used with multimedia there's a
better chance something will crash.  broadcasturban.com is a good example of
a site which uses javascript to launch their media player and which crashes
your computer.  These are sites where the multimedia launches in your
browser and not in a seperate controllable player window.  I would think if
you want something to work you should introduce less not more room for
error. Sean