programming linux and the internet

ameer ameer at charter.net
Mon Jan 19 14:24:59 EST 2004

Basicly I want to find a simple method t work with scokets, ports, that
kind of thing; like the winsock library windows offered that basicly let
ou  say something like "listen on such port, and t do this if you get a
connection", or "connect to such host on such port and send such data."
Thanks,

Ameer