Sending mail via ISP's smtp server

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sat Jan 17 02:10:45 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 04:45:26PM -0600, Raul A. Gallegos wrote:
> Not to my knowledge.  Mutt will still call sendmail to do the actual
> transporting of the mail.

Yes, I vaguely remember asking on the mutt list once if one could do
that and they said "no!"  mutt calls sendmail directly - not via
TCP/IP but by directly spawning the process.  In fact, in order to use
exim like we do, we need to have a program out there called 'sendmail'
that mutt uses.  I just have a symbolic link from exim to sendmail.

--
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!