not installing

Toby Fisher toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Fri Jan 16 12:51:44 EST 2004

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Kyrath wrote:

> Hi, I'm really starting to think that there's something screwed up with my bios and/or hard drive.
> Below is the last section of output where I received a "Kernel panic" message.
> Any ideas or suggestions are greatly welcomed.

What file system are you using for your root file system?  It looks like
your kernel is trying to mount it as either a VFAT or as Reisa, and that's
it.  If you're using ext2 or ext3 you need to compile them into your
kernel, *not* as a module.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808