not installing

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Jan 16 12:39:06 EST 2004

Are you trying to install from those old Debian floppies on the Speakup
site? If so, you're choosing the wrong one. I'm sorry, I don't recall
which is the right one. But you aren't going to get anywehre, so far as
I know, with umsdos or reiserfs.

Kyrath writes:
> From: "Kyrath" <kyrath at cox.net>
>
> Hi, I'm really starting to think that there's something screwed up with my bios and/or hard drive.
> Below is the last section of output where I received a "Kernel panic" message.
> Any ideas or suggestions are greatly welcomed.
> -- Rob
>

> FAT: bogus logical sector size 2461
> UMSDOS: msdos_read_super failed, mount aborted.
> FAT: bogus logical sector size 2461
> FAT: bogus logical sector size 2461
> sh-2021: reiserfs_read_super: can not find reiserfs on fd(2,0)

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group