New

Tom and Esther Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 15 21:19:33 EST 2004

Hi. The reason I suggested the configuration I did was simply the one I have
for conecting my old IBM 486 up to modern systems to install linux using
commo and Jaws for dos.
As for 9 pin null modems I never knew they existed. I had a 25 pin to 25 pin
null modem that came with my braille n speak and I simply purchased cabling
to convert from 9 pin to 25 pin and back.
Anyway, it is a system I have used for many years, and never looked at other
cabling options. sorry, about the confusion, but I merely was giving a
detailed list of what I have to link two machines together for serial
installs.